Friday, July 15, 2011

Fight Club


OK....I admit, I've got sort of a "temperamental" emotional status when it comes to my children.  Most of the time, I want to fight them...... when I'm not praying that the looney bin arrives to cart me off in a straight jacket, lock me in a padded cell and administer heavy sedatives to me intravenously.

However, going to a semi-enclosed public location with them, where other children and their *un-involved* parents will also be (ie.  the Children's Museum), gives me HIVES.  I swear.  I do it for my kids...... and partly to give them something else to climb on besides each other and me (and, honestly, because if we get couped up in the house together, I'll be "self-medicating" by noon).

But, it is AMAZING to me, how many parents completely ignore their children's behavior, when they set them loose in public.  Do people not realize that children are complete imbeciles when they think they can get away with it??  That they purposely do asinine things to GET attention???

I swear I've never wanted to fight so many people under 5 feet tall  IN MY LIFE!!! (other than my own children, of course)  And then I wanted to sucker punch their completely oblivious parents!!!

Two words people:  Parental Supervision.  WATCH YOUR OWN DAMN CHILDREN!!!  Paying a $5 cover charge at the door, does NOT entitle you to immunity from parenting!!!!

If your kids push, knock over, steal from, grab at, yell at, bully, or otherwise look at MY children cock-eyed, while you sit on your ass in the corner checking Facebook on your iPhone, you better believe this "helicopter-mom" is gonna Take. Them. Out.

Just sayin'.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I'm over from GGM. And I'm seriously laughing at this post - this is SUCH a pet peeve of mine (and I've had a few of those experiences at children's museums too). One time (in church no less) I lost all ability to control myself when I saw a mom casually watching her 6-7 y/o son go after my 2 y/o. Stunned that she did nothing, I finally tore down the aisle like a demon mom, took that devil child by the shoulders, and told him I would remove him from this universe if he ever touched my child again.

    And then smiling I returned to my choir seat to sing the songs of angels :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!!!! You sound like me!!!! I cannot stand when people do not watch their kids and their kids are acting like little beasts, especially when it is my friends. Cheers to us Helicopter Moms!

    XOXO

    The Brainless Housewife :P

    ReplyDelete