Thursday, April 14, 2011

S.O.S!!!!!!!

Nervous anxiety, coupled with the nausea induced by the smell of bleach and windex used to clean the house, in order to reduce nervous anxiety, can NOT be healthy.  In any way.  Please consider this a Public Service Announcement.

In all honesty, I need an IV drip of Xanax and a few shots of tequila......STAT!!!!   

What am I doing????  

In less that 24 hours, I will be boarding a flight, with only a purse and a book.  And my husband.   Not  8 carry on bags, 2 car seats and 2 hyperactive children.  I have been looking forward to this moment for the last TWO weeks!!  Now I'm not even sure I can make it 'til 3:00 before I need a stiff drink.  I've never even smoked, but I'm quite certain I might need a cigarette!

Why is this happening??

Why can't I just be EXCITED ?!?  Why do I have to worry about every possible, HORRIBLE scenario that probably won't take place in my absence ?!?  I thought I would handle this SO MUCH BETTER.

PLEASE, somebody tell me the world will not end because I am leaving my children for 3 days!!!  Tell me there is not a huge possibility that some catastrophic event will occur, and it will be ALL. MY. FAULT !!

My poor husband.  I sincerely doubt he needs a nervous wreck of a partly-intoxicated human being tagging along side him for the next 3 days.

UGH.


(image credit)
http://www.mytshirtdesigns.com

2 comments:

  1. One word: Bourbon ;)

    Have fun!!!! Enjoy!!!! Sleep in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always get so excited about a night out alone or with adults and then we all spend the night thinking about and or talking about our children... When I say to my own mother I'm tired.... she says welcome to motherhood you will never sleep well for the rest of your life. I remember her not being about to sleep until I was home. I wake and check on my own soundly sleeping babies.... I think it's just natural. We love. But tyr to enjoy your vacation... :O) I love reading you! My friends and I feel the same way. We're all in the same boat!

    ReplyDelete