Friday, June 10, 2011

Going out with a BANG!!


If they handed out Academy Awards for Worst Mothering, I'm quite certain I would win.  Annually.  Even more frequently, if possible.

I knew today would be an emotional one.  It's Little Man's last day of kindergarten (sniff, sniff).  It's bittersweet.  On one hand, it's a huge milestone completed (and another indication of how old I'm getting).  On the other hand, now he's stuck at home.  With me.  For the next several weeks (must remember to stock up on wine).

Let me *Cliffs-notes* this mornings events for you........

1.  Little Man in my face at 5am (after not having gone to bed until midnight myself).

2.  In haste of trying to pack his last lunch, wrap gifts to give to his teachers (as a thank you for dealing with Mr. Spazzy all year) and pick out the perfect "last day of school" outfit......I forgot to feed him breakfast, give him his iron pill and allergy medications, and do his nebulizing treatment (see?  I rock this mothering gig).

3.  Upon arriving at school, via car (even though we live exactly ONE block from the school, which is actually inside our neighborhood), his sister and I give him a goodbye kiss......and he then proceeds to shut Little Girl's tiny fingers in the car door.

4.  Obviously, I'm in a state of panic, and the only thing I can think about is getting the passenger door open, so I lift my foot off the brake..........

5..........and, yes, my car rolls forward.  Into and up onto the curb.........

6........which then causes mass hysteria by the staff (who stand outside to make sure all the kids make it off the bus and out of the carpool lane okay - clearly there's a reason why), and the parents just trying to walk their kids to the school doors.

7.  I'm mortified.  Both children are screaming.  Dirty looks are penetrating through the metal and windows of the car (where is the biggest rock for me to hide under??)

Thankfully, no one was seriously injured during the events that took place between 8:00am and 8:45am.

Other than my ego.

And my 2 year old, who's fingers are still intact, and who felt immediately better after 3 bags of fruit snacks and a lollipop.

Now, where's my award?



**image credit goes to:  scribbleoneverything.com**

3 comments:

  1. :0 crap what a morning. I have a good Bloody Mary recipe if you want it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to end the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! You poor Dear... I'll make sure and lift my glass high in the air for you tonight... xoxo

    ReplyDelete