Thursday, June 16, 2011
Someboy LIKES me!!!!
Well, technically (if I may brag for just a moment), TWO people. Who actually read my blog and quite possibly enjoy it. This such an amazing concept to me. Especially since this whole thing started off as a therapeutic way to survive motherhood. To have a sounding board of people to hear my complaints (and, less frequent, successes), since no one else around here seems that interested in them.
Motherhood can be a very lonely place. Especially if you "stay at home". It's hard to make friends....good friends....when you're in a constant state of distraction and ADD. So, to know that other moms out there can relate to what I'm going through - whether they rode this highway a long time ago, or are currently entering the on-ramp - is a very COMFORTING feeling!
So, let me start off with thanking the 2 bloggers for the award I received.....
THANK YOU .....
and ........... http://parentingpains.blogspot.com/
for giving me this award!!! And BOTH in the same week! I feel so giddy I might even shave my legs & put on some make-up!
Now, from what I understand, there are *rules* to receiving this award. And Lord knows, I don't want to have them revoked just for not following the directions! So, here it goes......
I am supposed to tell you 7 things about myself that you don't already know (and you are supposed to pretend you are interested in learning these things). Then I am supposed to nominate 7 different blogs, that I find appealing, for this award (and you are supposed to check them out!). Easy enough.
1. I am an only child. This is most likely the cause of my Type A+ personality disorder.
2. Despite my *social* nature, I actually have severe social anxiety. I hate to be in new situations, around new people. It gives me heart palpitations. Therefore, I am a big proponent of Xanax.
3. I am a huge clutz. I will hurt myself in most semi-athletic situations (I use that phrase loosley). Case in point: knee surgery at 16 from a cheerleading *accident*; broken wrist at 3_ from rollerskating with girlfriends; second knee surgery at 3_ from falling off a mechanical bull; dislocated knee cap from bending down to pick up a pacifier; 3 broken toes & foot from falling downstairs, trying to avoid landing on my 4 year old and save my glass of wine at the same time.
4. I love to dress my daughter in frilly girl clothes and tutus. I'm too fat to be able to wear anything cute on myself, so I compensate for that with her.
5. I couldn't live in a world without wine. Or anti-depressants.
6. I have feet-phobia. For real. It's one of the first things I look at on people. It has even sometimes qualified as a relationship-deal-breaker.
7. I am addicted to hot, bubble baths. I even take them in the summertime (and I live in the humid south!)
So, on to my own nominations. I'm sure there are SO many more out there that I am just not lucky enough to find yet, but these ladies truly make me laugh thus far in my little "bloggy" world (and I secretly pretend we are all good friends).