Friday, February 4, 2011

Max & Ruby....really?!?



Why can't real-life be more like an episode of Max & Ruby?? I mean, c'mon, where are their parents exactly?? And why is Ruby the one getting up all night long when Max can't sleep, or when he wets the bed?? You never see them trying to kill each other, or throw each other down the stairs, or pull on each others ears......They work out their differences amicably. There's no crying, whining, arguing, yelling, name calling.....'Grandma' doesn't have to take any kind of sedative to deal with them.

My theory is that mom & dad have gone on a permanent stay-cation. Or, perhaps, they are living out my own personal fantasy and have changed their names, moved to Bermuda and live a life of continual Happy Hour.

2 comments:

  1. Ok, first of all I can already tell, if you were my neighbor we would be best of friends. I can picture it now ... we would be catching up at the Target cafe while our kids climbed under the tables and licked the shopping cart handles. :) I just read a bunch of your posts .... hilarious!!!! I would LOVE to have you guest post on my blog, www.southernMOMentum.com... Did I see you are from NC too??

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! My kids would also be trying to hurl each other out of the shopping cart to see who could get the most distance.
    We relocated to NC (Raleigh area) from Southern California, just about 2.5 years ago. And I would LOVE to do a *guest blog*....I'm not even 100% sure what that means, but it sounds fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete