Thursday, February 3, 2011

Serenity now!!!!




You know it's going to be a bad day when you want to crawl back into bed and hide under the covers before it's even 9am.

My day begins with a 5 year old who would rather torment is sister than get ready for school. A 2 year old who is so cranky and defiant I am ready to lock myself in a white padded cell. As I frantically try to get both children out the door and into the car, said 5 year old reminds me that it is "crazy hat day" at school. So, we all shuffle back into the house and search hi and low for a crazy hat (five year has minor panic attack when I suggest he wear one of his sister's pink beanies). We finally discover part of an old Halloween costume, that barely fits his head, but will serve the purpose.

Once eldest child is safely dropped off at school, I return home to realize 2 year old is actually quite warm (which may explain her crankiness). I proceed to take her temperature and get kicked violently in the jugular. However, a fever of 102 is discovered, and I now feel like I can control the situation by giving her some Ibuprofen. Although, this totally throws all my plans for the day out the window, and I had actually gotten myself up early to get showered & dressed. I am now perturbed that I have wasted makeup, hairspray, energy and coveted sleep time.

I place 2 year old in front of "The Princess and the Frog" and decide if I'm going to be stuck in the house all day with a sick toddler, I can at least be a good wife and do my husband's laundry. Halfway down the stairs, full laundry basket in hand, my feet give out from underneath me, catapulting me into the air, as well as the laundry basket (now broken) and all of the clothes. But, instead of landing on my "well padded" backside, I land right on the back of my head. Immediately my jaw is numb and my eyes are watering from the pain (please refer to earlier post about hereditary clumsiness).

The best part of this story, is that after seeing me fall, my 2 year old comes over to the stairs, sits down next to me (where I am cradling my head in my hands), uses her sweet, angelic little voice to see if I am all right...."aaawwww, mommy, awwww". She puts her small arms around me and gives me a hug, and then.......smacks the back of my head. Twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment